Greendale is totally committed to delivering accurate and credible results and as such all work is conducted to Good Laboratory Practice standards.
In addition, we participate in internal and external QA schemes including RIQAS, DEFRA and NCCLS.
The laboratory is approved by DEFRA under the various orders for Salmonella testing etc and is able to offer CEMO testing
Our services include:
|Allergy testing||Autogenous vaccines||Bacteriology||Biochemistry|
|Blood profiles||Dynamic Test Protocols||Haematology||Histopathlogy|
|Hormones||Monitoring profiles||Mycology||Non blood profiles|
|Parasitology||Cytology||Reproductive Hormones||Serology / Immunology|
Canine and Feline Genetic Tests
Greendale offers a range of canine and feline genetic disease investigation tests, including:
- Fucosidosis storage disease (English Springer Spaniel)
- Genetic detection of MDR1-Defect (multi-drug resistance/ hypersensitivity to Ivermectin)
- Genetic predisposition for Canine Malignant Hyperthermia
- Mucopolysaccaridosis VII (Canine: German Shepherd, Beagle, Welsh Corgi and their cross breeds and Feline)
- Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) in Persian and Exotic Shorthair cats and their cross breeds More information.
- Pyruvate kinase deficiency in Somalian and Abessinian cats
- Phosphofructokinasis deficiency in English Springer Spaniel, American Cocker Spaniel and their cross breeds
- Severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) in Jack Russell Terriers
Equine and Farm Animals
- Blood profiles and equine hormones
The Exotic / Zoo and Wildlife Laboratory Service of Greendale Veterinary Diagnostics is dedicated to the “exotic” species. This service is aimed at providing specialised laboratory support for the veterinary care of this group of animals.
In addition to routine laboratory analysis we have set up a “reference laboratory” facility whereby data and samples are archived for future research needs. Our veterinary staff will be happy to discuss cases. The service is intended to supply a complete consultative package ranging from differential diagnostic lists, husbandry advice, epidemiology, disease control and therapeutics to specialised techniques and on site training.
- Free advice
For our clients, we are pleased to offer technical advice and discuss results at any time. Our staff are very experienced at assisting with interpretations but, of course, cannot give a diagnosis. Veterinary advice is available from any of our veterinary surgeons.
- Free supplies
Request forms, telephone report pads, postage paid labels and routine sample tubes are supplied free of charge to regular clients.
- Customised profiles and tests
Due to a continuing policy of investment in laboratory equipment and personnel we are able to offer a very flexible approach to the work carried out. If you would like a profile or set of tests tailored to your requirements, please contact the laboratory and we will set up those requirements and programme them into our request lists. This price list is a guide rather than being exhaustive and will be modified as experience and knowledge progresses; please feel free to become involved in its evolution.
- Collection service
Samples can be collected from surgeries in parts of London, Sussex, Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire and Kent. Please contact us for more details. Also, for our regular users we can offer a specific Royal Mail collection service to save your staff from having to queue at the post office (depending on your monthly turnover).
Results are emailed but can also be faxed on request. For turnaround time, please refer to the brochure.